The BIG Scan specializes in providing oversize scans for the Reprographic, Fine Art Reproduction, Photo and Exhibit markets.
We produce the highest quality scans from original materials up to 48″ x 72″ in one pass, even larger with our multi-pass scanning and stitching technology.
The cornerstone of our service rests on the Cruse Synchron Camera/Scanner technology, a scanning system that is truly unique for many reasons. See more about the Cruse system here, complete with videos of the Cruse at work on everything from delicate, irreplaceable textiles to pinball tables and more.
The Cruse surpasses any oversized capture technology available, and in particular, surpasses traditional copy photography techniques.
- The Cruse lighting system allows more precision, more control.
- The Cruse will never damage the work.
- The Cruse is faster, and safer, and less expensive than copy photography.
We offer complete large format scanning capabilities, including:
- Large Format film and transparency scanning up to 12″ x 18″
- Low-cost “Lighting Correct”* flatbed scanning up to 12″ x 18″
- Glass-plate scanning, framed slides, line art
- Retouching services
Learn more about our services here:
*Lighting Correct scanning is a system of scanning that controls the direction and quality of the light source, providing a truly photographic representation of the original- only available from The BIG Scan.